Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah’s Will

Little Gibbs Rd, Malabar Hill, Bombay - 30th May 1939

1. This is my last Will and Testament, all other Wills and Testaments of mine stand cancelled.

2. I appoint my sister, Fatima Jinnah, Mr. Mohammedalli Chaiwalla, Solicitor Bombay and Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan of Delhi as my executrix and executors and also my trustees.

3. All shares, stocks & securities and current accounts now standing in the name of my sister, Fatima Jinnah, are her absolute property. I have given them all to her by way of gifts during my lifetime and I confirm the same, and she can dispose of them in any manner she pleases as her absolute property.

4. I now hereby bequeath to her my house and all that land with appurtenances, outhouses etc. situated at Mount Pleasant Road, Malabar Hill, Bombay, including all the furniture, plates, silver and Motor Cars in its entirety as it stands absolutely and she can dispose of it in any manner she pleases by will, deed or otherwise.

5. I also direct my executors to pay her during her lifetime Rs. 2,000/- two thousands per month (for her maintenance and other requirements for her).


6. I direct my executors to pay per month Rs. 100/- one hundred to my sister, Rehmat Cassimbhoy Jamal, during her lifetime.

7. I direct my executors to pay per month Rs. 100/- one hundred to my sister, Mariam Abdenbhoy Peerbhoy, during her lifetime.

8. I direct my executors to pay per month Rs. 100/- one hundred to my sister, Shereen, during her lifetime.

9. I direct my executors to pay per month Rs. 100/- one hundred to my brother, Ahmed, during his lifetime.

10. I direct my executors to set apart Rs. 200,000/- (two lacs) or (two hundred thousands) which will at 6% bring an income of Rs. 1,000/- one thousand and pay the income thereof whatever it be to my daughter every month for her life or during her lifetime and after her death the corpus of two lacs so set apart to be divided equally between her children, males or females, in default of issue the corpus to fall into my residuary estate.

11. I direct my executors to pay the following by way of gifts to the institutions mentioned.
  • I bequeath Rs. 25,000/- Twenty-five thousand to the Anjumane-Islam School, Bombay, situated at Hornby Road opposite Boribunder Station and next to the The Times of India Buildings
  • I bequeath Rs. 50,000/- Fifty thousands to the University of Bombay
  • I bequeath Rs. 25,000/- Twenty-five thousands to the Arabic College, Delhi
12. Subject to above, all my residuary estate including the corpus that may fall after the lapse of life interests or otherwise to be divided into three parts – and I bequeath One part to Aligarh University, One Part to Islamia College, Peshawar, and One Part to Sindh Madressa of Karachi.

Sd/M. A. Jinnah
Attesting witnesses

Codicil to the Will
Legislative Assembly

This is my codicil to the Will. I have an account with the National Bank of India, Bombay as account No.2 and also I hold (500) Five hundred shares of the Reserve Bank of India now in the possession of the Bank standing in my name but purchased out of the money in account No.2.

This account & all moneys deposited & invested were given to me personally by various public spirited donors to use them & do what I liked with them for the uplift of the Musulmans. I therefore have full & absolute power to dispose them in such manner as I may consider proper.

I, now having full power of disposition, bequeath the same to my executors and they are to use the capital &/or interest thereof in any way they may consider proper relating to this account.

Besides this amount and 500 shares of the Reserve Bank I have other accounts of mine own in the National Bank of India & also in the Imperial Bank at Bombay & New Delhi but those & all other accounts abroad with any Bank or Banks are my own absolute property and will be governed by will of mine that I have already made.

Sd/- M. A. Jinnah
25/10/40

Nations are born in the hearts of poets!!!

The poetry of Allama Iqbal was a breath of fresh air throughout Pakistan Movement... ...This is the historical and extremely memorable pic o...