Dear Mr. Jinnah

Dear Mr. Jinnah,

I don’t think I ever got down to thanking you for your efforts in helping form Pakistan. I was born thirty-six years after you and a team of dedicated, patriotic and self-less leaders inspired the Muslims of India to separate themselves in pursuit of an independent nation. Hundreds of thousands of people lost their lives so that future generations like mine can live in a sovereign state. Thank you.

Things now aren’t as great as you visioned them to be though.

The religion you made the basis for separation is now divided within itself. It’s being abused, sabotaged and exploited by everyone who has the capability to do so. Islam meant peace. Now, it’s being cited as the root of everything otherwise.

The poor, helpless people whose rights you fought for aren’t poor or helpless anymore. They have become poor-er and more helpless.

You remember the overly rich and greedy people of your time? They still roam dauntlessly, sucking the blood of the common man and giving him nothing in return but grief, sickness and death.

There is no faith. There is no unity. There is no discipline.

The people in power have become addicted to charity. Here, charity would mean other people’s money. Whether they take that by begging, stealing, murdering, maiming, sabotaging, cheating or extorting, it’s still other people’s money.

The youth have become indifferent. Indifferent to the importance of education; to the vices of a materialistic world; to the continued loss in their own identity.

Mr. Jinnah, I have only read about you. But I dearly, sorely miss your leadership. I miss your vision and your passion and your wisdom.

Living in Pakistan, I fear greatly for my life and for the lives of my family and friends. I don’t fear so much for their death, for that is a matter ordained by God along time ago. I fear that they will continue to live in desperation, frustration and fear. I fear for the insufficiency of a peaceful atmosphere which my children may grown and live in. I fear for the implosion of my country, caused more by the lack of faith and rigidness to change by it’s own people than caused by external conspirators. Above all, I fear that the blood, sweat and tears of you and hundreds of our leaders and the hundreds of thousands of men, women and children who helped give us Pakistan, will be all in vain.

My Allah give our youth and the people in power to have the wisdom and vision that you had for Pakistan.

Regards,

A Disheartened Pakistani.


By Hammad Kazi (hammadkazi.wordpress.com)

Nations are born in the hearts of poets!!!

The poetry of Allama Iqbal was a breath of fresh air throughout Pakistan Movement... ...This is the historical and extremely memorable pic o...